Pages

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Progress



Well I finally retrieved 47035 back from Taw Valley trains, who had done an excellent job on fixing a burnt out decoder and circuit board. All returned to normal service. I realised this week that I had accidently purchased two intercity Mk1 RBRs, so I have decided to give one a heavy weathering job, whilst leaving the other in a clean condition. This is the first bachmann Mk1 coach I have taken apart and I think these carriages are excellent, well built and well put together. I am looking forward to getting stuck into this project.

Progress on detailing the Flangeways mermaid has progressed well, with the underframe now painted. I hope to reassemble the wagon tomorrow night. I have also just about finished the Cambrian Walrus wagon. Whilst a lovely kit to build, after having built one, I would recommend a few tweaks to get a better result from it. More on this in a later post. I hope to finish building the walrus tonight and prime it ready for painting tomorrow. The NSE108 has one car nearly finished and ready to go, I am hoping to have it ready tomorrow night. The other car is still a long way from completion though, maybe in a week or so. I have also just installed an 8 pin decoder into the Heljan class 33/2. I think this is an excellent locomotive and am about to start detailing it, once I have finished the class 108. I have many projects on the go at the moment, hopefully some will be finished in the next week or two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment