Pages

Thursday 22 July 2010

DMu's



Last night I finished the first car of the two car DMU detailing project I am undertaking. With the new Craftsman detailing parts added and the decoder installed this car now looks the part. I have yet to fully tackle the second of the two cars, but this is on my desk for this evening maybe. The roof was painted in roof dirt and then gently weathered with powders. The underframe details were picked in out in various weathering shades and cables were added to the front. All in all I am very pleased with how this car turned out, it is such a pity that you can see the central mountng block for the motor through the windows though. I guess that is the price you pay for smooth running qualities.

I have finally finished detailing the flangeways mermaid, couplings changed and ready to go, all weathered. This has definitely been a long job and I am not sure I can face undertake detailing the second one. I will post some pictures of this tonight on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment