Pages

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Amberleigh Halt



Well another weekend came and went, with much body boarding with my son, and no railway modelling! However, after deciding to make a senic plinth for photography on my blog, this developed into th idea of modelling a small station halt over the weekend. Literally 1 baseboard 2ft long, which can be connected to some pre-existing fiddle yard baseboards (or the ones that will be constructed for Watergate Halt). Building this plinth will give me some much needed experience of landscape modelling. I am currently building the Halt, which I am going to call Amberleigh Halt, from a Wills kit. I am going to add just a few basic senic details, such as pillbox, platelayers hut, and bridge, but it is essentially a small excerise in layout construction. I am really looking forward to developing this micro layout, no doubt with plenty of help from my son and girlfriend!!

Other projects are progressing slowly. The walrus wagon is almost primed (half done!!). I intend to put some photos up of this tomorrow night and write about tweaking the construction of this. I also am planning to build another straight away, whilst the details of the build are still in my head!! The NSE class 108 nears completion and Southern Pride FO plods on as ever, although I must confess I am rapidly losing interest in that project.

I have nearly finished the weathering on the Bachmann Intercity MK1 RBR. I took some photos of it tonight to identify any flaws in it, etc. It is starting to shape up, although a few more subtle pieces of weathering are required to finish. I have posted a couple of pictures of this ongoing project. I hope to finish this and few other projects this week. I am off on holiday next week, but the week after I hope to be able to build the baseboards for Amberleigh Halt and Watergate Halt.

No comments:

Post a Comment