This weekend I finally managed to set up the DCC test track to get the Dapol Class 122 DMU ready for running on the main layout. The O gauge Dapol class 122 was incorrectly hard wired in the factory, meaning that the DCC sound chips were programmed using a different wiring layout to the DMU units. The upshot of all this, was my internal lights were not working, nor were the destination blind lights. All in all, very disappointing.
I had fitted my DMU unit with a Howes DCC sound chip. After several weeks of trying to work out what to do, I phoned Howes and was put through to speak with Bryan, their DCC sound specialist. He was a top bloke and gave me some CVs to change.
The list for the DCC chip I installed was:
- CV31 = change to 16 (already was that value)
- CV32 = change to 9
- CV385 = change to 64
By making these changes the internal lights now work on F19 and the destination blinds work on directional lights at one end. However, the destination blinds and the directional lights at the other end are still not working automatically in the direction of travel. So another email to Bryan has transpired to try to finish off this programming. Hopefully, not too long until this project is finally finished off.
Which brings me to next weekend. Next weekend I will finally have the time to set up the layout. There are a long list of tasks to do, including running some trains but also installing various details on the layout such as some signs, people, benches, etc. I also intend to sort out the quay front water at the same time, alongside installing some buildings. So hopefully plenty of progress to follow over the next couple of weeks.
.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment