Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2011

QPV Stores wagon CCT


Nearly finished QPV stores wagon/workshop

An afternoon off on Monday almost gave me enough time to almost finish the QPV stores wagon. This wagon is built from the Parkside Dundas southern CCT kit, with an underframe LPG added. It has been finished in engineers Olive Green, in ex-works condition - quite a rarity for my rolling stock!!! I intend to run this with a southern PMV and 12T box van on my layouts.


QPV coupled up with the 12T van, also in olive green

With some time to spare on Monday I started rushing through several projects - which is never a good idea. I thought that I had finished this wagon, but photographing your models close up is a good idea, as it it helps spot flaws. A couple of areas of the underframe need touching up with paint. The other thing - looking at these photographs - is that it needs dusting off. I left it on my workbench for a week uncovered and this is the result - dust all over it!!


Finished in 'Ex-works' condition

Overall though, I am pretty happy with how this one has turned out. Not perfect, but I think better than previous efforts. The PMV is also nearing the transfers stage, so hopefully in a few weeks, this little project will be finished. It will make an ideal train to trundle around Amberleigh Halt.


My first attempt at weathering a locomotive - a Bachmann class 25. This has now headed back into the paint shop, for a full repaint.....watch this space!

On other projects the whale is currently being painted, with weathering having commenced on the body sides. A blue grey FK should be finished tonight to form a MK2 coach rake for Amberleigh. My first weathering attempt on a locomotive (class 25) has been stripped and is about to get a repaint. I have also got all of the wood to build the boards for Watergate Halt, and a new NCE Powercab to operate it. The NCE powercab I am particularly excited about, and am looking forward to programming some decoders and fitting some sound units to my stock. All in all exciting times, and a free weekend to play trains coming up. However, from Monday I have to go away for about 5 weeks, so I intend to make the most of the weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment