Pages

Wednesday 23 June 2010

NSE class 108 detailing and a bridge



After finishing the wearthering job on my class 47035(!), I have moved onto the detailing of a NSE class 108. Picked up at bargain prices, this has now had decoders and passengers fitted, and the roof is being suitably weathered. The application of some roof dirt is doing wonders for this model. After this, I will add some pipes to the bufferbeam, for a gentle weathering of the undercarriage, leaving the sides generally clear and clean. The other photo is the constuction of a Wills bridge for my layout. This is slowly getting painted, with a heavy degree of weathering to yet occur.
I also managed to get the first of my Flangeways mermaid apart last night. It was quite an effort and yes I did damage it. However, the removal of the floor improves the look of the wagon no end. I have mainly fixed the damage(!) and will progress to detailing and weathering of this. I am fairly certain I can get the next one apart with no problems(!!). I will put some photos up of how i managed it later, together with the build of Cambrian Walrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment