Pages

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Engineering wagons



A very busy weekend followed by a severe computer virus has limited my ability to model recently, so no progression and no blogging. A call to my local shop has revealed 47035 requires a new circuit board and decoder, oops! I also suspect that will not be the end of it either, so the repair is ongoing. My cambrian walrus wagon has not progressed since last week, but a few posts of this maybe later tonight or tomorrow night, as I hope to pick this up today and tomorrow.

My engineering stock is increasing with two new Mermaids purchased from Flangeways to run with my cambrian examples I have built. I want to take the Flangeways mermaid apart to get rid of that floor and add some couplings, but I cannot work out how to do it. Does anybody out there know? It does baffle me how a company can take the time and effort to produce a lovely wagon like the Flangeways mermaid, but put a solid floor on a wagon with an open underframe. Otherwise this is a supurb wagon and worth the £16 price tag. Anyway, I will out up some images of how I manage it. At least it gives me yet another project to be getting on with!! I have put up a picture of a Parkside Grampus and a Chivers Crab other examples of some wagon kits I have built.

No comments:

Post a Comment