Pages

Friday 25 June 2010

Mermaid and walrus


Well the walrus is progressing nicely, with the body built. The detail has to be added to both ends, but am happy with how the build is progressing. The detailing of the flangeways mermaid hit another stumbling block, with part of the underframe/floor having to be cut away to accommodate the 3 link coupling. The underframe sits too low compared to the solebars anyway, so I have replaced the cut away bit with a peice of spare plasticard. All in all this is becoming a right job and I think the conversion of te next one might be a damm sight simplier, with leaving the solid metal body in!!! Either way it is a diffiult conversion and really should not be. To be honest it has put me off buying anymore of these wagons and instead I am going to build a couple more of the cambrian wagons which are cheaper and to my eye look better. Which on a happier note means I decided to invest in some heljan dogfish this morning and a class 33. The dogfish will form the basis of a future detailing project and I am looking forward to running the class 33, my first heljan diesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment