Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

MK2 FK and QPV tool van


The finished QPV wagon. It is a southern CCT, as a department staff tool van.

Well after my last post on the QPV tool van, I decided to take the roof off and touch up the paint in a few places. I should have known better than taking the roof off a nearly finished model!! Taking the roof and regluing it was a bit of a nightmare. However, I consider it a finished model now to run on my layout. I am pretty happy with it overall, although the glazing and the finish around the roof could be better.


Side view of the tool van

I put two different sets of transfers on each side. One being staff tool,the other being tool van. This will run with the PMV, now nearing completion in the paint shop.


The other side of the staff tool van

The other little project that was finished this week was a MK2 FK blue grey coach. This is the Bachmann model,which has been lightly weathered, mainly on the underframe, but also a light spray of grime on the underside of the body. It is now coupled up with another MK2 BFK, to form one of several fixed rakes on Amberleigh.


Finished FK Mk 2

Today was a free Saturday (a rarity!) and I spent the day weathering and detailing a Bachmann class 47. This should be finished tomorrow and I have thoroughly enjoyed the day, mainly with the airbrush. Unfortunately, the 21 pin decoder I purchased for this locomotive was faulty. I have sent it back to Bachmann and hope a replacement might turn up in the post. I can't find the Bachmann 21 pin stocked anywhere at the moment.


MK2 rake of BFK and FK

This leaves another spare day tomorrow. I am at a loss what to do? I am tempted to build the baseboard for Watergate Halt. I have my new NCE powercab to use and I am really looking forward to start programming so decoders with it. Alternatively, I might just run trains on Amberleigh and build some more wagons.

No comments:

Post a Comment