Pages

Thursday 13 October 2011

Back home at last - some movement on the shunting micro

Got a call to head up north, well to the midlands anyway, and headed off for two weeks of survey. Although the work was good it meant that I was away from all things modelling, including my shunting micro layout, for two weeks. Before I left home my son and I messed around with the track plan. He had the idea to change it slightly, with a second track coming into the depot. This is now going to run to a small diesel fueling point, to allow dmus and locos to shunt on and off the layout. I think this should be a fun little project, with lots of shunting interest. I am trying to work out whether all the points I have are electrofrog or not.....


Modified track plan for the shunting layout

The second photograph shows a new Hornby trout wagon on the layout to give an indication of the relief (the wagon is an absolute belter btw). The lower level is going to be an inter-tidal zone. The quayside was orignally going to be modelled with a wooden front. However, I ordered the Faller kit for a quay front today, which models the front as iron girders. I have also ordered some ready to plant buildings to place around the micro layout. One of the tasks I hope to achieve this weekend is to get to B&Q to get some bendy MDF to fit the backscene. Then I can start playing around with the position of the buildings and get the track wired up. If we make some progress over the weekend I will put up the post or two....and we also need to come up with a name....


The relief for the quay side at the front of the layout

No comments:

Post a Comment