Pages

Thursday 20 January 2011

Engineering wagons at Amberleigh


BDA wagon with rail load

After a great weekends modelling, I have done very little this week so far. However, I did find time to put together all the components of the BDA wagon I had, to model a wagon with a rail load. This was certainly inspired by George Dent's article in model rail, but my load uses painted rail instead of steel girders. Also I used some low task masking tape for my straps. However, I think it is a great way to produce a realistic looking wagon with relatively little work - thanks model rail for some good inspiration here!!

Inspired by how pleased I was with this wagon, I decided to put some other of my engineering wagons on Amberleigh, together with my class 37/0. This incidentally I have regrettably put on flea bay to raise some much needed funds. However, with some empty ballast wagons and some rail carrying wagons, I think Amberleigh looks great, modelling some engineering works in the late 1980s'. Below are a selection of photographs from this, enjoy, they are only a bit of fun!!!


There has been considerable engineering work on the Torrington line this week. At Amberleigh halt a class 37/0 with a short empty ballast train passes a stationary BDA and salmon YNA with crane


Shark wagon at the end of the engineers train


37035 halls its train of catfish and dogfish wagon past the small siding at Amberleigh


The train contained both old battered and relatively new dogfish wagons

No comments:

Post a Comment