Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

parcels wagon and a lamprey


The 50ft parcel wagon and end of the lamprey wagon - finished today!!

Well today I finished off the painting on the lamprey wagon and also the 50ft parcels van. The lamprey turned out nicely, although for some reason I struggled to take a photograph of it in focus!! Anyway, another nice wagon to add to my growing engineers fleet.

The 50ft parcel vans was looking great, until that is, I took off the maskol from the window. On one of the central windows the maskol had spilled over onto the body side and there is a patch of gleaming unweathered rail blue!! I am currently not too sure what to do about this and whether to leave well enough alone or not. A bad bit of air brushing necessitated the need for a graffiti decal on the side of the van. This has then been weathered down and I am pleased with the overall appearance, with the wagon more heavily weathered on one side than the other.


The weathered wagon, with a slight aberration around the centre window!!

The weekend I have free to model, with my son away and girlfriend working - bliss!! I plan to finish the detailing and weathering of a class 37/0 in dutch livery, weather a bda wagon and add a load of steel rail to it, build an SR CCT and paint it in rail blue and lastly convert another 12T van for the riverside freight train. All in all ambitious, but looking forward to a good weekends modelling.

3 comments:

  1. I have been trying to find out more about these parcel vans and how they ran, on what service and pulled by which loco's. Hattons are currently offering them at £11 each for four = £44 brand new. Would it have been normal to have 4 of these in one rake? I have bought the class 37/4 Bachmann 32-395 bargain from modelzone at 49.99.
    Hoping to use this to run the 4 parcel vans provided this is not totally daft? Can you help. Please see my post at http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38800

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to admit - I am not certain on this one - I have a feeling that this type of parcels van were withdrawn in the early 1990s - not sure when the class 37/4s were converted, mid 1980's sometime. So I reckon you can get away with it, but please don't quote me on this - I am no expert!! Anyhow there is always a little modelling licence!!

      Delete
    2. Also that 37/4 you picked up is a real bargain!!

      Delete