Pages

Thursday 30 December 2010

Amberleigh Halt - a little more progress



Well originally I hoped to get the little Amberleigh Halt finished by xmas, but this has now gone overtime. Modelling has been limited over the last week, with xmas, seeing friends and family and of course, copious amounts of alcohol.

Anyway, tonight my son and I made a little more progress on Amberleigh. We badly assembled a backscene. This is my first time of putting a back scene up and it is creased all over the shop. A good learning experience, but not a perfect finish. We finished the concrete fence, painted the posts and added the grounded wagon body. Tomorrow we hope to finish adding the trees and hedges and finish the landscaping. This just leaves a sign or two to add by the station and hey presto, a finished micro layout!!



I aim to have this running as a full test bed/photo area by the end of January, with many other projects on the go at the moment. I know that I am going to have to buy some more trees to cover the dodgy backscene, but that's life.

We are heading to the train shop tomorrow, to get some more hedging and just maybe, I might buy a hornby class 50 in the January sales.....

No comments:

Post a Comment