Pages

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Walrus


Well time has literally flown by over the last two weeks. We went camping in north Cornwall for the week last week and have had friends over this weekend, meaning modelling time has been non-existant. However, I now have four whole days, non interupted, modelling time. I am going to build the boards for my test track (Amberleigh), which will act as the senic plinth for my blog. The baseboards for the fiddle yards will be inter-changable with the boards for Watergate Halt, so I will be well prepared for winter modelling.

On other things, I have primed the walrus pretty much, although painting it with primer by brush, means that a few bits are unprimed. The kit is a joy to build, although I think there are a few tweaks to the build that I think will improve the appearance of the wagon no end. I have purchased a second walrus kit and I am going to build this over the next few days and post onto my blog the construction of the kit.

The scuffing up of the RU MK1 is finished and I will post a picture of that on here tomorrow. I am also detailing a Hornby Shark Brakevan and will post a before and after on this. I have also purchased an Express Models lighting kit for my class 08, which is another detailing project to start. I am also going to start detailing my Heljan class 33/2 and finish the construction a couple of buildings for my scenic plinth. All in all I have lots on the go but am thoroughly enjoying my modelling, when I get time to do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment