Pages

Thursday 12 August 2010

Mk1 finished


I had a full days modelling today and got a bit done! I have finished my Mk1 intercity RU (as photographed). I am pretty pleased with the result, although I might try George Dents tip of using T-cut on the next one. However, I am not sure how suitable this is for a non steam mark 1? The weathering of the Hornby Shark is coming on well, as is the painting of the first walrus wagon. I have spent most of the day building a second walrus wagon, and have built this slightly different to the first one, which I think has improved the build no end. I also recieved four wagons ECC wagons and two mark 1 coaches from hattons this morning, which are now on the end of my very long lists of modelling tasks! Tomorrow I hope to be able to finish the build of this Walrus and also possibly a Lamprey. When I get the build of the walrus finished I will put up a series of photos of this build. The building of the little station for Amberleigh is coming on well and I hope to get the baseboards built for this scenic plinth at the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment