Pages

Thursday 26 August 2010

Two weeks away


Well as they say time flies. Two weeks since my last post and those two weeks have literally flown by. I had to travel away with work, which has meant no modelling since my weeks hols. However, in the last few days of my holiday I managed to get the baseboards built for amberleigh and the fiddle yards, with the baseboards for the fiddle yars interchangeable with thoseof the Watergate Halt. I will put a post up soon of the track plan, etc on the new board.

Anyhow I returned from work to find a package from ten commandments with the station detailing kit and express models for the lighting kit for my bachmann class 08. These projects are going to have to wait a while as more weddings and weekend working mean that there is next to no modelling time available at the moment. I am hoping to buy a bachmann class 20 with dcc sound and a dynamis set, but both funds and time are short!!!!! As I do not have time to model at the moment I really can't justify the investment, but I am sorely tempted.......

As I was working away, the site i was working on in Suffolk had a small occupation level crossing, which you have to phone through to the signal box for permission to cross. As I stood there one morning the unmistakable noise of class 37s rumbled down the line and my collague (Martin Bates) took this shot as a double headed class 37 nuclear flask approached. I am sure it is perfect to model for prototypical class 37 operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment