Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Georgeham platform - construction update and a class 70 at Swindon

The progress on all modelling fronts has been slow over the last few weeks, primarily due to working to deadlines before the break for Easter. The blistering on the paint on the class 25 provided certain headaches, so I parked this to one side and have concentrated on moving the platform for Georgeham close to completion.


Georgeham platform completed

Using some thin plastic rod I have attempted to recreate some ramshackle fencing, fitting with a station in the late 1970s/early 1980s. The wire fencing is frequently bent and missing and the whole thing looks a little dilapidated. This is only a 'might have been', so I am only attempting a passable model of something that might have existed. This is the entire sum of progress over the last two weeks, but with Easter off I hope to get some projects finished off. I also think I have cured the paint issues on the class 25 - but this will save for another update!!


Note the broken fencing

Anyway, for work this week I had to go to Swindon. Catching the train with my son lead to a very pleasant 30 mins sitting on the platform in the sun. An endless procession of HSTs and block container freights. The highlight was one of the new class 70s, but give me a class 37, 47 or 50 any day of the week.


Class 70 at Swindon


No comments:

Post a Comment