Pages

Saturday 28 April 2012

Odds and ends

I decided to get a wriggle on with Georgeham this week. Overall I am losing enthusiam for the project. The scene is too small to get real depth on the photographs. It is serving its purpose as a DCC test track and also to experiment with static grass and in the future scenic water. However, with such limited operating potential, I want to get the layout finished and then crack on with Pottington Quay, with a few new skills learnt on the building of Georgeham.

Derelict signal box.

So these photographs are a few odds and ends of the developing scene at Georgeham. I put a light behind the platform (wonky of course, well this is Devon) and have also added some ivy to the signal box and put the static grass at the front of the layout. The cocktail sticks denote where the fence posts will be.

The static grass at the front of the layout - the rushes will be trimmed.

First of all I put a layer of flock down on the baseboard/plaster bandage, after painting the paster/board dark earth. Then I experimented with some static grass. First I started with 2.5mm static grass, but think that the best results I have so far got are using 4.5mm and 6mm static grass. I am sure with a bit of practice I can get some good results on Pottington Quay.

View into the platform from behind the signal box.

There are a few hedges to add, a couple of trees and some static grass around the tunnel. However, I am hoping to finish it this weekend and then get the track laid on Pottington Quay. It is another good learning curve, but with such limited operating potential I would rather have my main layout as the test track.

Class 25 hauling a short goods train through Amberleigh- pretty please with this locomotive!

No comments:

Post a Comment