Pages

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Georgeham platform

A rather long absence has ensued since my last blog post. Another project working in the midlands meant that I have been away from home working 14 hour days for over a week. The work is great and time flies, but it leaves no time at all for anything else, including modelling.


The new Georgeham platform

So getting home yesterday was a real relief, and the chance to pick up some projects where I left them over a week ago was most welcome. The last thing I did before I left was give the Georgeham platform a coat of weathered black under the platform to mimic diesel exhaust on the stanchions. The photographs do not do the structure justice I feel, but they do give an impression of the developing Georgeham platform. I added in a variety of different colours to the concrete to give some variation, as per Chris Nevard's article in model rail. However, the lighting in the image does not allow this variation to come through. If I get time I will take a few photographs in natural sunlight.


Showing the platform surface

The platform is constructed from MJT whitemetal stanchions and plasticard for the platform. It was a quick and pleasurable project to put this together.


The platform is pretty much the length of the scenic section

With the backscene also now painted the platform is almost ready to glue down. These photographs give a taste of how the test track will look when finished. It is getting there. Track painting is due to commence any day now, so ballasting can start after that has been completed.


View into the tunnel at the Spreacombe end of the platform

No comments:

Post a Comment