Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

Georgeham platform progress


The little country halt for Georgeham

Recently I have been focusing on building the little Georgeham DCC test track. This week I have been constructing a little platform and shelter for the layout. It is totally fictional, being based loosely on southern concrete sections, with a little shelter.


View from the Ilfracombe side

The platform stanchions are from the MJT components range, with sections of plasticard for the platforms. The shelter is constructed from some scraps of wills buildings sheets, being a planked little shelter, based on nothing or nowhere in particular. All in all very simple to build and a most enjoyable construction.


The platform shelter

Two other great results occurred this week. The first of which my class 25/3 after some further running in does not appear to still be faulty, so fingers crossed we are all ok. I think the F9 key on my EZ controller has stopped working. However, the replacement part of the NCE Powercab was sent in the post from Bromsgrove Models. Free of charge. That is fantastic customer service. Now I just have to get the NCE powercab connected and I will be away (or at least programming some decoders!!). Exciting times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment