Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Some Amberleigh favourites and a break in blogging


Class 47 at Amberleigh, which is a rarity. Most locomotive hauled passenger services were worked by either 31's or 33's in the mid 80's

Another week flies by, with little to show in the way of modelling progress. Fortunately business is booming and I am completely snowed under with both fieldwork and report writing. It is all very enjoyable but leaves nothing in the way of time for anything else, such as playing trains.


Dutch liveried class 37 shunting a sealion

I am now away for another couple of weeks, so again there will be no posts for a while. However, when I return I should quickly be able to complete a couple of long standing projects. Primarily, the whale wagon, which has spent another couple of evenings on my modelling desk. I decided to rebuild the canopies yet again - I was still not happy with them, this was at the third attempt. I need to paint some of the individual components on the wagon then it will be ready for transfers.....and a quick e-mail to model master decals assures me the transfers for the whale will be available in a couple of weeks - watch this space.


More engineering works at Amberleigh, with a salmon wagon and dogfish wagon being shunted in the small engineers siding

The class 25 has also had a good coat or two of paint this week. This will be ready for transfers after a couple more coats and the class 121 body is ready for a light weathering and replacement glazing to be added - again I am waiting on the transfers for the destination blinds from model master. However, these should soon enter service.


And one of my first attempts at building rolling stock, a grampus wagon

So in lieu of any real modelling, here a few of my favourite shots from Amberleigh, which was my sons and mine first attempt at a layout. I hope you enjoy the pics. And sorry for the interruption to posting, but progress will resume in a couple of weeks - see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment