Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

Intercity liveried class 37/4


A very quick project has been completed recently, which is the Intercity liveried class 37/4, which has been kicking around my railway room for a while. The model was taken apart with the bogies and the body shell removed from the chassis. The various parts were masked off and then treated to a light weathering. The weathering is an attempt to mimic and almost clean locomotive, just with a bit of grime around the bogies and underframe. The various detailing parts that are supplied with the loco were duely applied and painted. Then the model was weathered using railmatch enamels, applied with an airbrush.



The bogies were weathered with the snowploughs attached. However, I was amazed to find that these were completely incompatible with the various bufferbeam detailing parts supplied with the locomotive. Hence the snow ploughs were left off. However, as this locomotive is converted for 3 link couplings (as all my locos are) I still have a large hole in the bogie for the coupling/snowplough attachment. If I had of known the snowplough would not have fitted, then I would have filled this hole.



Anyhow, another one on the layout ready to do some work....now I really must get those points soldered up......




No comments:

Post a Comment