Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

A little bit of frustration, a small diorama and a sturgeon

For a change life has been hectic, and a weeks holiday and a nasty summer virus have taken there toll on modelling activities. However, during the last week my son got a bit of a modelling bug and produced a little diorama on which to display some of the wagons he is building. It is an excellent effort, which he achieved over a couple of days.


My sons diorama


I was also pretty excited by the arrival of the cambrian sturgeion recently, and I have started putting it together. Admittedly, I have not got very far with the build of this wagon, but it looks like another excellent kit from carmbrian.

Sturgeon under construction

Which leads to another thing; last week an e-mail from modelmaster and a notice on their website shows that the freight wagon minipacks, which contain the decals for the lamprey, crab, whale, ling, tunny and sturgeon wagons are being withdrawn or maybe not produced at all.....I have been waiting over a year for these!!....if anyone knows where I can get the transfers for these wagons in 4mm scale I would be delighted to hear from you - it is desperately frustrating not being able to finish some of these wagons due to lack of decals......Anyhow, just a quick update, more later this week on ongoing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment