Pages

Saturday 18 August 2012

Georgeham detailing

Today I have spent a bit of time pottering around the railway room, trying to make some space for the new layout. Pottington Quay is now up on the trestles ready for detailing and Georgeham was moved to the living room to make some space. With Georgeham in the living room I added a sign for station and added a few rocks in the station car park - something which is quite common down in Devon.

Birds eye view of the micro-layout

New sign pointing the way to the station

This layout is now finished (something I have probably said before on this blog). Now what to do with the layout.......it has to go - we have no room to store it with a new project on the go. But what to do with it - it seems such a shame to throw it landfill or break it up......what does everyone else do with their old layouts I wonder???....thoughts or suggestions welcome.....

Some rocks at the edge of the car park

My favourite view of the microlayout, viewing towards Ilfracombe



2 comments:

  1. great layout
    need some ideas my self for a micro layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI,
      Thanks for the comment. I need to add a little more in terms if greenery to the hill - a few tress wouldn't go a miss!! Can't work out whether it is finished or not as a layout.....
      cheers
      chris

      Delete