Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

47035 and a walrus


Hopefully a better finish now on 47035

Last night I managed to finish off weathering the detailing a class 47 and the second cambrian walrus wagon. The walrus wagon has been kicking about for ages part finished and it was great to finally finish it off. The blue class 47 was an older project that I weathered by hand painting and weathering powders. At the time I was happy with it, but i think my ability to weather models has progressed and with some time to reflect I decided it was time for a second attempt.


Front end of 47035

The roof was coloured with weathered black and a series of washes of sleeper grime, matt black and frame dirt sprayed over the body. I have a photo of 47035 working in south Devon, looking pretty similar to this. I am now much happy with the end product and am not going to do any more on this loco!!.....


The finished walrus wagon

The walrus is the cambrian kit. This was weathered with rust, frame dirt and sleeper grime after the transfers were added, then sealed with aclad varnish. I am much happier with this finish than the first walrus. I still think I am going to have to make just one more of these wagons though!! A great kit and thoroughly recommended.


The end of the walrus wagon

Today I am wiring up my second fiddle yard and hope to finish the build on a CCT wagon. I am going to start a series of whale wagons and then just spend sometime running some trains on Amberleigh. I have decided to wait a few months before starting Watergate Halt. I am going to have a think about exactly about what I want from the layout and start constructing some buildings for the layout, before really getting stuck into the project.



No comments:

Post a Comment