Pages

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Odds and bobs


A whole week at home and many modelling projects on the go. Amberleigh is coming along, with some of the track glued into place at the weekend. I am powering the rails from dropper wires attached to the powerbus that runs underneath the layout. We also tried a little bit of scenery modelling at the weekend, with not great results! I must not have mixed the earth undercoat properly, as it seemed very faint and the end result is a little white. The whole thing needs a little painting and sorting out!! hey ho, it is all learning. I am very tempted to get some static grass on top of this, but the price is so expensive. I might use the puffer bottle from gaugemaster in order to save some money.


The intercity mark 1s were coupled up to my class 47 and I think that they look great!!! I am looking forward to getting the layout up and running (layout?, it is really the operational scenic plinth for my blog!!) It is nearing that point of critical mass, where things will start to take shape really quickly. Seeing some mk1s behind class 33s, 31s and the odd 47, modelled in my beloved devon countryside.


I have ordered the decals for the walrus wagon, but the exact decals for a walrus in the 1980s do not really exist. Some walruses were renamed YGV, which is avaliale on the cambrian decal sheet, but the walrus name is not avaliable as a transfer. So I am waiting on the latest modelmaster releases to see if the new transfer range includes decals for walruses, and also crabs, lampreys and whales, all of which I am building at the moment or plan to in the near future. So finishing the walrus has stalled a little while I wait on these decals.

No comments:

Post a Comment