Pages

Thursday 11 November 2010

A lamprey and a salmon wagon




It has definitely been a funny week this one. I have spent a lot of it up in York with work, however I am unfortunately facing the dole queue at xmas, what a nightmare. The upside of this is, I have plenty of old kits to build, and plenty of new stock to detail, some I am ashamed to say, have never come out of their box!! Anyway, it looks like I will have plenty of time on my hands soon.

Work has been slow to non-existent on Amberleigh recently, but a little scenery has come on. I also took delivery of some static grass and a puffer bottle last week. I have painted most of the plaster bandage, so soon the scenery will get finished. My son and I are planning a big landscaping weekend. I have to finish up fixing the electrics first and get the light for the station and buffer stop done. Once we get the platform in and point rodding we can ballast the track, do the landscape then hey presto, ready for xmas.

Playing around the other night I found one of my lamprey wagons I had long since forgotten about and a salmon wagon with cranes. I coupled these up to my class 25 to have a quick look at them on the developing Amberleigh layout. They are giving me a taste for what the finished layout will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment