Pages

Sunday 28 November 2010

Amberleigh Scenery



Well a steady days modelling on Saturday. We managed to finish most of the scenery and get some of the track ballasted. The platelayers hut was glued down and the little Amberleigh Halt was added. During gluing the halt sown I knocked off the shelter, so am going to have to re-glue this!!

This was my first 'serious' attempt at building a little test-track or diorama. Some things went really well, others not so. The biggest let down was using some cheap PVA glue, which in places has dried white. This is a little bit of a nightmare and needs addressing, especially on the ballasted track. I also used some ballast that was a little bit whiter than I had anticipated. So the track certainly needs toning down a bit. My son also beautifully decorated a hillside and I managed to scrape some of it with the lead from a lamp we were using! I also used some static grass applied from a puffer bottle. This has not really worked properly but still looks ok.

However, these things aside I think it is starting to shape up. I will give the track a clean and get rid of that white staining on the scenery and also finish the ballast etc. The biggest joy has been the learning through doing. It is not perfect, but I am learning how to get things to look better, which will hopefully stand me in good stead. Am looking forward to getting this nearly finished this week. The photographs do not look great, mainly due to bad light, but will post some better ones later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment