Pages

Saturday 23 October 2010

BSK MK 1 weathering

Am enjoying a lovely weekend with my girlfriend, and after some shopping and decorating, I am going to get a whole afternoon of modelling. I will definitely finish my second walrus wagon build and also the lamprey off. Many projects are nearing fruition now, and the little halt for Amberleigh is nearly done, as is a concrete pillbox.

One project that is receiving a little attention is the weathering of a Mk 1 BSK at the moment. I weathered the RBR, which I put in an earlier post, and whilst happy at the time, the gaps in the door stand out like a sore thumb. I am blacking out the door gaps on this model and practising streaking some rain washed dirt down the sides. The photo shows the work in progress, more to do but coming on well (sorry about the poor quality of the photograph).

I recently have discovered a beautiful website of 1980's diesels in my beloved Devon (http://freepages.nostalgia.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cyberheritage/). The website has some fantastic photographs of class 33's and 31's, pulling short freight and passenger services on the tarka line. The photographs show some pretty mucky blue grey mk1's. The collection also shows a 33/2 and numerous class 25's in Devon on rural branchline workings. I think the modelling potential from these scenes is great and has certainly inspired me. I will put up some further posts this weeks to show my progress over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment