Pages

Thursday 24 September 2015

SPV, CCT and a mineral wagon

Well I have done a little more painting with the airbrush.  I am just getting the hang of mixing the paints again, but all is progressing well.  I have done a little pre-shading on the SPV and CCT, after a quick coat of primer.  Both of these will feature a weathered, faded BR blue, which will be applied lightly over the top of the white primer and black pre-shading.  The first coat of faded blue will go on this evening, followed by a couple more coats tomorrow.






The other wagon on the go is a 16t mineral wagon.  This was started in 2013 and half painted then.  I am just trying to blend in the rust finish on this a little, but I am tempted to go for some of the new noch iron rusty finish.  I know others can manage it, but my painting of rust never looked that convincing!  Anyhow I will persevere with this one and see what I can come up with.


And one more thing - the relevant planning authorities have given permission for a new micro-shunting layout.  With Pottington Quay firmly in storage until next year, building a small layout for the winter is in order.....

No comments:

Post a Comment