Pages

Sunday 6 November 2011

Tunny wagon

I have spent most of the week away in York, very enjoyable, but no further progress on Pottington Quay. I am waiting for the next 4 weeks to pass, until I can really get stuck into the building of the micro layout. Until then I am contenting myself with the odd bit of kit building or scratch building.


Tunny ready for the paintshop

I have recently finished building a Chivers Finelines Tunny. This is the SR version and is a gem of kit. It is very straight forward to build and looks great. It is another wagon to be added to my growing list of engineering stock. I have some more tunny wagons, lampreys, a crab and a grampus to build, many before xmas. However, I am still waiting on the transfers for the kit, the same as for the crab, the lamprey and the whale. Modelmaster decals have apparently had all sorts of supply issues. I can only hope these issues are resolved soon - it is really frustrating to have lots of part finished engineering wagons. However, I am coming to the conclusion that the ideal layout for me will have to be an engineering depot!!



The other little task I have made some limited progress on is another building to add to Pottington Quay. I am hoping it will look like a kind of derelict old farm building converted to some semi-industrial use. We shall see, if I make any progress on the building this week I shall put up a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment