Pages

Saturday 12 November 2011

Another building for Pottington quay


A second simple building for Pottington Quay

Another quick update, which again highlights an almost complete lack of modelling at the moment. Another week was spent working long days away from home and this left very little spare time each evening. I am also returning to York this week, so again there will be little time for any modelling. This is the joy of several work projects starting close together, leaving no time for a life outside of work. However, I am hoping that when pay day arrives I might be able to afford a couple of new sound locos for Pottington Quay...


The model is going to being finished in a semi-derelict state

A little project that did receive some attention was a little semi-industrial farm out building. This is my second scratchbuilt structure for Pottington Quay. Whilst this is not a difficult structure to make, it is better than my first attempt at the warehouse, currently in the paintshop. I have certainly got the bug for constructing original buildings, although my skills are not quite there yet!! I am going to try a fibre board/DAS modelling clay building soon and also build derelict farm house to go with the outbuilding I have just made.

One of the benefits/time wasting activities with working away from home is doing a little bit of research on the internet on modelling, etc. One of the things I want to improve on Pottington Quay is my track soldering. Scanning around the internet has revealed numerous videos, some of which to be frank are speaking utter twaddle. I am no expert modeller, but it made me realise that the internet whilst being a wealth of data, it can also be misleading.....

The other thing that has caught my eye this week is a Branor truck cam. This has gone straight on the top of my current shopping list. I have been looking for a product like this for a while and think this is a great idea. Amongst other things I am also planning to installl a small camera into the layout to real time record video and hook directly to a laptop, which will be placed to the side of the layout. But before I get too far ahead of myself, I need to get the buildings constructed and the track laid, which will be a couple of weeks at least until I get home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment