Pages

Friday 23 September 2011

Bachmann VBA wagon


Weathered VBA wagon


I have spent a lot of this week in York, and although a very enjoyable visit, left little time for modelling. I think I must start every post saying how little time I have!! I must not grumble though, we are in the midst of a bad economic down turn, so I am very lucky to have work.





Anyway, back in the real world of railway modelling, one little project that was recently completed was a light weathering of a Bachmann VBA wagon. The wagon was taken apart, the coupling removed, 3 links added, and then put back together, with some light mistings of weathered black, frame dirt, sleeper grime and roof dirt sprayed across the underframe and lower body. Like all things practice makes perfect, and I am getting quicker at weathering these items of rolling stock and hopefully the results are getting better!


Note the grease blobs on the buffers

Although I am super busy with work, one of the main delays at the moment is getting the transfers to finish off projects. I am waiting on some class 25 transfer packs and whale/tunny packs for a series of projects on the work bench. Also my son and I had a play with the shunting layout at the weekend, and he decided we needed an extra siding on the layout. This has duly been added and I am hopeful on making some progress on this layout over the weekend, not least adding a bandy back scene and getting the track pinned down and wired up. I will hopefully put a post up of my progress later in the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment