Pages

Saturday 28 September 2024

O Gauge Wagons - Herring and Milk tanker

So there has been a little more progress with wagon building over the last couple of weeks, with the Herring wagon now finished off. This is the 3D printed Skog kit and I raided a lot of bits from the spares box to finish this one off. It seems to have turned out OK although I am not sure if the endless filing has sorted out the 3D printed lines, the only real negative about the kit. It is heading to the paint shop now and I will wait for a coat of primer to see how it looks. However, I am currently decorating my new railway room, so it will be a few weeks before I can get the air brush up and running again.

The herring wagon is now ready for a wash and is heading to the paint boxes.

The other wagon kit that has seen some good progress is the Slaters GWR milt tanker. This is a lovely kit to build, although it has taken quite a bit of time to progress it this far. I am now heading towards the finishing stage with this kit and I need to work out how on earth I will paint it. I am guessing I will need to paint the tank and the body separately and then glue them together at the end. For now, I am going to finish getting it built, as I have spent far too much time thinking about how to paint it and not enough time actually building it.

GWR milk tanker slowly creeping towards completion.

Otherwise, modelling has been pretty slow recently, as the house decorating slowly grinds on. We are getting the hallways/landing finished in the next month and then that is that, for a at least 6 months. By November I should have a fully operational railway room, with the test track permanently set up on one side. I have ordered some cabinets to store all the O gauge stuff in and I will move my OO gauge finished models to the loft. Also in November I am finally going to erect my O gauge layout downstairs and try to remember where I had got to with it. Not least it will be brilliant to finally run some trains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment