Modelling progress has been very slow over the last two months, although I am not entirely sure why. I am still waiting on the new baseboards and I am contemplating future projects. I am more and more inclined to head to an 0 gauge layout, although I think I am going to stick with the 00 gauge layout for the next project and maybe start building a small 0 gauge layout at the same time, as a test run. Anyhow, I have been very slowly ticking over a few projects in the paint boxes. The first is a class 25; this is a very long term project that has continually been on the back burner. I originally weathered this locomotive about a decade ago and was initially delighted with the finish. However, as my weathering skills have (hopefully) developed, I decided to paint strip this locomotive and start again. It has been in the paintboxes for probably 5 years now - making very little headway. The application of the new BR Blue/yellow livery was not my best and added to this, I have already got two fully sound chipped working class 25s for the layout. So I have decided to model this class 25 in a very dilapidated state - partly to cover the less than perfect livery and partly to provide something a bit different on the layout. The model is currently being varnished ready for transfers.
I have also got a few other wagon building projects slowly progressing. This is a the Cambrian Herring wagon, which I am going to build a small number of, for the layout. These are tiny wagons and a bit of a headache to build, trying to work out where all the little bits fit - but it is starting to shape up now. I used maskol to cover an initial rust coat on the wagon, before applying most of the livery (black!) and a bit of light weathering. It is coming together now and I should be able to remove the maskol in the next week or so, just ready for transfers and final weathering.