Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2020

A Royal Mail van and the parcels train

Over the last few years I have built a good number of parcels wagons, so it was high time I got around to finishing a few Royal Mail vans for the layout, to ship the parcels away!  So over the last week or so I put a little weathering over a Ford 400E Royal Van van.  A simple little project, which just required dismantling and then a bit of airbrushing.

Finished Royal Mail Ford 400E van.  At last something to get rid of these parcels

These models have a very good gloss finish on them, so I started with a bit of satin varnish, to give the paint something to adhere to.  Then it was a question of some light airbrushing, with a few different shades of grime.  Some varnish sealed it all up before reassembly.  A simple little project and now I have something to sit in the station car park ready to ship the parcels away.  I need a few more of these done for the layout, given the amount of parcels stock I now have!  Speaking of which, at the recent show in East Grinstead, I took a couple of pics of the Class 25 on the parcels train.  

Class 25 bringing the parcels and papers.  Barnstaple still had a very healthy parcels traffic into the 1980s.

The other end of the train, on the short parcels turn that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment