Pages

Friday 18 January 2013

Bachmann class 25 repaint finished (updated!)

As described yesterday I have finally got around to finishing the next class 25 for my layout. This project was a complete paintstrip and re-paint, the locomotive being a bargain for £30 from my local model shop second hand. This included a pre-fitterd decoder as well! This is the older Bachmann model without working lights and 8 pin decoder socket. It runs superbly well and now I hope looks the part to.


With this locomotive I attempted to develop a faded paint look, started by using a weathered black pre-shading. The BR blue was then about 3 coats of BR blue shades mixed to varying degrees of being faded and applied in an uneven manner over the top this pre-shading. The decals were modelmaster ones, again not perfectly applied, but acceptable. I have now invested in some microsol/set - hopefully this will improve the look of future projects.

Weathered/repainted class 25 at Georgeham Halt running light

Lastly a light weathering job was airbrushed over the top of the locomotive after adding the decals. All the livery and weathering was undertaken using railmatch enamels. All in all I now 90% happy with this one - I am especially pleased with how the BR blue livery looks faded over the body side. Another model complete and onto the next project today - which will be finally be adding some decals to the tunny wagons - more progress reports to follow soon I hope.

And finished class 25




The original Bachmann paint job

The BR blue livery during application before transfers



No comments:

Post a Comment