Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

Sturgeon, GWR tunny, SR tunny and a 21t departmental wagon

Whilst finishing off my class 25 over the last few months a few other projects have been ticking away quietly in the background. These have mainly involved building a few more wagons for my ever expanding departmental fleet of rolling stock.

Currently in construction is a 21t mineral wagon (Parkside) and a sturgeon wagon (Cambrian). The sturgeon build is taking a while and I have built it slightly differently to the instructions - but so far so good. It is going to require a bit of filler though I think. The 21t wagon is nearly done - I am just waiting on couplings then I will give it a wash and a coat of primer.

The two other wagons are an SR tunny wagon and a GWR tunny wagon. The SR wagon has had it transfers applied this week and I will give it a blast of acrylic varnish this morning. The GWR tunny is painted, but requires a gloss varnish fir the transfers t adhere too. Hopefully, a further update on these wagons in a finished state before long.

Sturgeon

SR Tunny

GWR tunny

21t mineral wagon

No comments:

Post a Comment