Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

13t open wagon

Hi all. Apologies for the lack of recent posting - the xmas period and the flu have put pay to a lot of plans! Anyhow, as things settle down in the new year hopefully some semblance of normality will return. Unfortunately, I made no progress with the track laying on Pottington Quay over xmas - which was one of my key tasks to complete. Several smaller projects are now reaching completion, but I have nowhere to run my trains except my small Georgeham.

Shunting at Georgeham at night

One small project that recently finished was the weathering of a small 13t high sided open wagon. This is the Bachmann model in late bauxite livery, which has now been seconded into my department stock. A simple little project really, just change the couplings and several layers of weathering via the air brush.

Finished 13t wagon

More excitingly(!) I have just about finished my class 25 - this will appear soon. Just reassembly to go. Hopefully, I can get this finished in the next week. The sturgeon wagon and class 50 are also progressing well, so hopefully more to report soon. I have also noticed that Dapol are producing a class 121 single car DMU. In my opinion it is high time that a major manufacturer produced a top-end model of this DMU - I am looking forward to the deliver of this model and getting a few for myself. Now who is going to produce a cross country class 120 unit....

2 comments: