Pages

Monday 2 May 2011

Mk 2 BFK and some coach lighting


Finished mk2 BFK

Today I got around to finishing off the weathering/detailing of a blue grey mk2 BFK. This is the Bachman coach, to which I have added some grime on the underframe, with a light weathering of the body, and more dirt on the roof and ends. I made a dilute wash of weathered back which I ran along the door edges, but this is barely visible on the pictures. I coupled it up with a mk1 intercity buffet, presuming the buffet had been converted to air brakes, or this was one of the early mk2 batches, which could be coupled with standard mk1 stock.


Coupled up with the mk1 intercity buffet


The weathering of the coach underframe and lower body is visible in this shot

I am pretty pleased with how this one has turned out, with the weathering job much more subtle than on some of the intercity mk1s I have done recently. In the interior two seated passengers have been added. This is about right for a rural Devon service in the week! There were often some scratch combinations of coaching stock on the tarka line in the 1980's, so although this train might not be prototypical, it is certainly plausible (at least in my imagination).


Passenger in the coach


One of the passenger catching up on the news

This is the first of several mk2 coaches that I am going to detail for Amberleigh and Watergate Halt. I plan to run a rake of mk2 coaches and 2 rakes of mk1 coaches, each between 3/4 coaches. I am going to add interior lights to one rake of mk1 stock, using express models lights. I also started the first coach of this rake today and started to hack up the interior to allow the lighting unit to fit. By adding the interior lights I am going to have fully detail the interior, painting the seats and tables etc.


The dismantled BCK with the express models lighting kit

On other projects I have done some more work on the POA, this is now ready for the transfers to be added. I also added the first coat of olive green on the engineering CCT today. Other than this the detailing of the class 47 and class 121 DMU have not progressed. Hopefully I will get some more time over the coming fortnight to progress these projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment