Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Passenger service at Amberleigh



Another week flies by and yet another week of no modelling. Went to a family wedding in London which was excellent, but other than that I have not managed to go near any projects I have on the go. I have been doing a little bit of web based reading to look up which dcc control unit to use on my next layout. Bachmann dyamis seems reasonable, although from what I have read you cannot set cv values, and the infra red is a bit temperamental. Other than this, it has been a really unproductive month of model making, but the weather has been stunning!! So instead of showing some non existent progress thought I would post one of several little videos I have made of Amberleigh recently. The video shows Amberleigh with a class 108 running into the little halt. This 108 is a detailed bachman model, but this is about to go back onto my bench for further work. Primarily, there is light bleeding through the plastic, were there are light colours such as white and yellow. The other point is the body requires some subtle weathering, such as door frames and a driver needs to be sat down!! The other train is 33/1 hauled mk1 stock. The lack of carriage lighting is glaring and this is another key project to be started asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment