Pages

Friday 28 June 2019

Am I ready? - the first exhibition and a class 25 with DCC sound

So tomorrow I will take my layout to an exhibition - this is the layouts first exhibition and it is also my first exhibition ever!  I am looking forward to it, although I am also a little nervous.  I wonder how my modelling will compare to the other layouts and more importantly how the layout will operate over a whole weekend of running.  However, I am really looking forward to giving it a go.  My son was meant to be helping out, but I guess young men have better things to do with their time nowadays (he is working saving up for University so I should not complain!), so it is me on my own for the weekend.  Whilst the layout is finished, the front parts of the baseboards could do with a little tidying up.  I have purchased a black curtain, but have just run out of time to do anything else.

The newly sound chipped class 25 shunting at Charlton.

The class 25 I sound chipped several months ago has been put out of service, due to me somehow dislodging the handrail.  So I have managed to sound chip another class 25 a couple of weeks ago and this will now fit on the roster, alongside a class 52, a class 42, a class 22 and a class 45.  As per normal this is a Howes programmed Loksound decoder, although I believe it is the newer version 5.0.  The Bachmann rats are great little locomotives so I envision this will be doing a lot of the work tomorrow.

Class 25 leaving Charlton.

So the layout is in the van ready to go tomorrow morning.  All the stock has been sorted and is packed up.  Fingers crossed I do not forget anything....and wish me luck.  In case you are interested in coming, the exhibition is on the Bluebell Railway and I am at the Horsted Keynes sections - maybe see you tomorrow.

Class 25 running onto to its train.

No comments:

Post a Comment