Pages

Friday 22 January 2016

Parcels stock continued - 12t Express Parcels van


After finishing the CCT in the last post, I positioned it next to the 12t parcels van I finished a few weeks ago and the poor transfers were all to evident for me to see.  Noticing this I took the 12t parcels van back into the workshop and gave it a much heavier weathering in order to disguise the transfers. This seems to have been successful, in that the silvering on the transfers has now disappeared., although I am annoyed my poor transfer application meant this had to happen in the first place.
Anyhow, these are the first wagons for the parcels train finished.  I have the Hornby SPV in the paintshop at the moment and another CCT has had its final varnish coat applied, so it is now ready too - I will post it on here later next week.  I have two more 12t fish wagons built and ready for painting and the new Bachmann CCT sat ready to have its couplings converted.  I might just build that BY wagon I have had sat around for ages this weekend and purchase a couple more CCTs to build and then that will be enough for my Pottington Quay layout.






No comments:

Post a Comment