Pages

Sunday 17 January 2016

CCT in BR Blue

After the 12t fish wagon was finished as a SPV parcels wagon, the second of the wagons for the parcels service is ready for action.  This time it is a BR blue CCT.  This is the basic Parskide kit for the uneven plank southern CCT. The only additions to the original kit are the correct buffers and the fitting of 3 link couplings.


As mentioned elsewhere on my blog, my son I started building this kit together several years ago (when he still played with trains!), but he has now grown out of this, having hit his young adult years.  So I rescued this from the part finished box and completed it over xmas.  The finish has a lovely variation to the blue, with a variety of coats of different blue coming together.  The transfers also went on this one pretty well and all in all I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.  The transfers are a little bit of a flight of fancy, as I could not find the correct ones in the Modelmaster range for blue CCTs.  However, I have just found out that Railtec do the correct transfers, so on the next batch of CCTs I will use their transfers



I realised that when building these kits I rely on the roof to automatically be a perfect fit.  As I do not glue the roof on until I finish the paint job on the van body, I often do not notice this until too late in the day.  The roof on this van is a bit of a niggly fit and I wish I had known this at the building stage. However, it is ok and not that noticible, so I will go with it for now and make sure I pay more attention to this when I build a few more of these kits in the coming months.




As for the first SPV I decided I could not stand the awful silvering of the transfers, so it is currently back in the paintshop having more muck sprayed over it, to cover up that poor finish.  I will hopefully have this finished next week.  Finshing a couple of wagons in 00 gauge has cerainly whetted my appetite for modelling in this scale again and I am keen to get some more wagons painted and finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment