Pages

Friday 29 January 2016

More parcels stock - Plywood sides CCT

Another wagon for the Pottington Quay parcels train has made it out of the workshops.  This time a mixed plywood/planked CCT, finished in a faded grubby BR blue livery.  I really enjoyed the painting on this, mixing various shades of BR blue together and patch painting the body.  I added in the windows and then gave them a clean to represent a part cleaned window on a grubby CCT.  Unfortunately, I am not that happy with the outcome of this one.  There is poor transfer application (my fault again!) and an ill fitting roof, both of which I find slightly annoying.  As mentioned on my last post, I have not paid enough attention to the fitting of the roofs on these CCT kits prior to painting and this is something I will definitely work on on future builds.  The windows are not great either - I did not use glue and glaze on either CCT, and regret this.  It is a funny thing about modelling, you put a lot of time and effort into finishing something, and all you can see are the imperfections!  
The faded BR blue over the black pres-shading.

As time is at premium at the moment, I am going to wrap it up in box, put it into storage with a number of other wagons and when Pottington Quay is finally resurrected, I will decide what to do with it.  It is ok for now, but I think in the fullness of time I will strip it down and start the paint job again.  Until then, it will be ok in the mixed rake of parcels stock, and probably in time I will forget about the bits I do not like and never get around to correcting it!!

Finished CCT - with some minor niggles...

No comments:

Post a Comment