Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

and we are off again...CCT and sturgeon to start

After a long absence I am starting to model again.  Life has settled down a little and some models have come out of storage.  A new job, house move and spending c. 4 months out of the UK in the last 12 months has seriously curtailed my modelling activities.  Whilst travelling won't stop in the foreseeable  future - there is some time at my new temporary home.  It is over a year now until I can get back to Devon - which I am missing hugely.  However, I am taking the positives and am now set up so I can do some modelling in the evenings.
A start.....

So I have rescued the air brush and found some model kits to build.  I have no paints, but I once I get a model or two built I can start painting.  Half of my modelling stuff is packed away in storage - all the useful bits that you accumulate over time - are sealed up in removal boxes.  However, picking up a couple of random boxes out of storage last week, I found my old lima class 37, as well as some new 31s and 50s.  These can form the basis of detailing projects over the next few months.  Also, since I have been away Heljan have brought out a new class 33 and a class 128; this could be an expensive few months.

A very simple plank test track is in the offing (with obligatory small halt of course!!).  And currently stood on the modelling mat is a CCT and a sturgeon - both started well over a year ago....how time flies.  My plan is to finish off some of these old projects and not buy too much....did I mention I that an 0 gauge grampus wagon is on its way.......

No comments:

Post a Comment