Pages

Saturday 26 April 2014

Getting the bug again and some old favourites

This was the first locomotive I fitted with sound myself.  It was also one of my better attempts at weathering I think.
 
It has been ages since I have done any modelling or have felt the inclination to.  However, recently the bug has bitten again and I find myself doodling some track plans in quiet moments.  At the moment all of models/modelling stuff is in storage, so doing any modelling is not feasible, although I am looking forward to life settling down in a few months and I can start a new layout.  I have decided to have a dabble in a modern image 0 gauge layout, as well as continuing with 4mm modelling.  The promise of a Dapol 08 in 0 gauge for £160 seems likes a bargain and I have always fancied building a class 33, so this is an idea for the future a very small 0 gauge layout.

Other than this, I will build a more complex 00 Gauge layout or finish Pottington Quay.  Both of my older layouts, Amberleigh and Georgeham, were disposed of, so I no longer have anywhere to run any stock.  The baseboards for Potting Quay are still in storage, so I have no working layout at the moment.  However, I did retrieve some old photographs and videos of these layouts and have posted a selection of them. These layouts were my first attempts.  They are far from perfect, but they gave me immense satisfaction and a lot of fun.  Enjoy - and I hope my next post will feature some real modelling!

My first attempt at detailing and weathering a locomotive.  A class 33/1 on Amberleigh with an engineers train.

Class 47 emerging from Amberleigh Halt.

 Class 45 at Georgeham Halt.
 
Class 09 trundling a 12t van through Georgeham.

The start of Pottington Quay with a class 50 pulling an engineers train.  All of the wagons are kit built, except the Shark (Hornby).
 
Class 08 running through Georgeham.

1 comment: