Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Class 33/2 weathered (almost) and ready to go


New driver added


33211 at Amberleigh at night

Tonight I finally got the class 33/2 back together. It was quite a slow process of putting all the bits back in place. The cabs controls were painted and a driver inserted. The solebars were stuck back on and the chassis and the cabs reinserted to the body. Finally I put it all back together and had a look at it. Taking some photographs of a model really help to identify areas that you are happy/not happy with.


The new footsteps added


An atmospheric night scene with 33211

Well this one I am 95% happy with. The solebars have come out too light. I had a little issue with the airbrush whilst painting them and the varnish is a bit too gloss, so tomorrow I am going to re-spray the solebars with some matt black and tone them down a little. The steps need another coat of paint also. There is also a little bit of light bleed in the cab somehow - I am not sure how. But I will sort this out too. None of these jobs are major and all should be ready after an hour or so.


Profile of the body weathering


Another shot of the new footsteps

I am pretty pleased with this one. It is definitely my best effort so far. In my minds eye the weathered finish was heavier, but putting it back together it seems relatively moderate. This is fine and I think it is turned out well. I have put up quite a few photographs of it - I hope you enjoy them....


Note the weathered windscreens


Elevated view showing the weathered black on the roof

No comments:

Post a Comment