Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

Georgehamm DCC programming track


The senic section of the programming track. The 'layout' is a single track section

This week I had big plans for progressing on my DCC programming test track. Although forward movement was made, it was not as far as I hoped. My son and I did manage to get up the backscene over the weekend and decide on the track plan.....plan is probably to grand a term!! The layout will have a single line passing a small platform and derelict signal box. The scenic section has two heights, a lower floodplain and the slightly higher railway line, like the lines following the Caen and Taw floodplains in Devon. This line will be the main track with a 6ft running length. Behind the scenes is a 2ft programming track. Then on either side of the scenic section is a two foot fiddle yard, each with two sidings. This layout will allow me to start programming decoders with my new NCE powercab DCC system, which since being purchased has languished in a box under my Amberleigh layout. This is all exciting to me and I hope to get the layout back scene painted, track laid, painted and wired this week or so. Fingers crossed progress will be rapid....!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment