Pages

Saturday 4 June 2011

Half term, the tarka trail and a video

This week my son came to stay for half term and we spent a lot of time cycling on the tarka trail. We visited both Yarde Halt and Watergate Halt, two concrete southern stations in the heart of Devon. We cycled 24 miles on friday and also stopped off at Torrington and Bideford. Bideford is an excellent station to stop at, with a southern PMV and 20t brake van parked up there, two of my future projects. This is why we live in Devon, beautiful countryside, great access to the outdoors and very few real railways left!


East Yarde Halt

In the evening my son and I have been started building some Parkside kits. He is building a southern CCT and I am building a southern PMV. Both of these wagons should see some service on Amberleigh, or on the forthcoming Watergate Halt. I will put up a post later in the week on the actual modelling we have done.


Watergate Halt

Now my son is becoming a very clever young man and he decided we should make a video of Amberleigh trains. Just using his ipod he made a little film, with me just keeping quiet and driving the trains (badly) behind the scenes. This is his little effort and I think quite fun. One little problem was 47035 would not run over the points, so some laborious track and wheel cleaning is in order.


The PMV at Bideford

Other than that a few projects are very close to being finished and the lighting for the BCK is sorted out - the coach looks great now. I will put up a post of this later in the week

No comments:

Post a Comment